Since my last update about this site I have:
- Had further updates from Stoke-on-Trent City Council and Environment Agency
- Written to the Council’s planning team
- Written to the company, spelling out my and local residents’ concerns
A site visit by the Environment Agency on 11 February 2022 found some progress has been made, but there are still problems at the waste facility, including:
- Still too much non-hazardous waste on site
- Storage of non-permitted waste
There has been no further activity at the landfill site, which is encouraging.
The Environment Agency will be contacting the company warning them that their work on the landfill was not permitted, and that should they restart further action will be taken.
There is a retrospective planning application for the waste transfer facility.
I have written in to raise my objection to the application and would encourage anyone with concerns to do likewise.
My latest letter to the City Council can be found here.