n the final debate before summer recess I wanted to thank all the amazing Unsung Heroes across Stoke-on-Trent North, Kidsgrove and Talke, for their efforts in this global fight with COVID-19.
Of course I wanted to give a big thank you to all who work for:
- Royal Stoke University Hospital
- Haywood Walk-In Centre
- NHS Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
- Staffordshire County Council
- Staffordshire Police
- Staffordshire Fire and Rescue
However, I wanted to use the opportunity to name some. Sadly time was limited in the debate so I couldn’t name more like Middleport Matters Community Trust and the Haywood Academy unfortunately.
Those mentioned however were:
- Amy Stephens and her 50 volunteers from Team Chatterley
- Adam Yates & Carol Shanahan from The Hubb Foundation who have delivered over 100,000 meals
- Scrubs for Stoke who are budding Vivienne Westwood’s, making tens of thousands of PPE for key workers
- Richard Stephenson-Evans from Kidsgrove Tesco who deserves a knighthood for his tireless work for the community, even before COVID-19
The local people of Stoke-on-Trent North, Kidsgrove and Talke have stepped up in the face of this crisis and have supported one another in one of the greatest displays of selflessness I have ever had the privilege to witness.