Shielding - the latest advice
If you’re clinically extremely vulnerable you were advised to take extra precautions during the peak of the pandemic in England. This is known as ‘shielding’.
The Government advice is that shielding is not required at this time.
- there is specific guidance on what will happen if there is a local lockdown in your area.
- this guidance is government advice and it’s your personal choice whether to follow it.
- you can go outside as much as you like but you should still try to keep your overall social interactions low
- you can visit businesses, such as supermarkets, pubs and shops, while keeping 2 metres away from others wherever possible or 1 metre, plus other precautions
- you should continue to wash your hands carefully and more frequently than usual and that you maintain thorough cleaning of frequently touched areas in your home and/or workspace