Working with Conservative-led Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council, Jonathan is proud to have secured £17.6 million from the government for the Kidsgrove Town Deal.
This unprecedented level of investment in Kidsgrove has gone towards:
- Refurbishment and reopening of Kidsgrove Sports Centre
- UK-leading pump track at Newchapel Rec
- FIFA-Standard 3G Astro at the King's School
- Upgrades to Kidsgrove Railway Station
- New Town Centre Shared Services Hub
- Canal towpath enhancements
- Upgrades to Clough Hall Park
- Unleashing up to 1,700 new jobs at Chatterley Valley West
As part of the Town Deal £750,000 was paid as an advance payment, which went towards:
KIDSGROVE SPORTS CENTRE - £300,000 to start preliminary works
THE KING’S CE SCHOOL - £225,000 for the 3G sports pitch
CLOUGH HALL PARK - £125,000 for an upgrade to the park facilities
NEWCHAPEL REC - £100,000 for the Pump Track
Jonathan has been in active talks with the Borough Council regarding updates on the next phases of the Town Deal - the Shared Services Hub and upgrades to Kidsgrove Railway Station. He has met Network Rail and East Midlands Railway on-site to discuss the £3.85 million being spent on the station.